Spencer turned 13 today and I simply can’t believe it. Time hasn’t just flown by; I think it took the express route! I don’t typically get very emotional about milestones but this morning as I was waiting for my flight to take off from Minneapolis, Nate sent me a picture of Spence at Chic-fil-a for his birthday breakfast and…well…I sat of the plane and c r i e d! Not because I’m sad…quite the opposite…I am so proud of the young man he is becoming. To say he fought for his life as a baby is a huge understatement. Watching this one time 4lb, very sick baby as a 5’, 3” healthy teenager is such a blessing.
Spencer, Dad and I are so grateful to be your parents. From the time you were a little pip-squeak you have amazed us with how smart, kind and funny you are. We are so glad that you love Jesus – that you confidently share and live out your faith – you are not ashamed of the gospel of Christ! THAT is our greatest joy. Our prayer is that you will continue to keep Jesus first as you enter a very exciting and sometimes trying time in life. Don’t lose site of the grace and truth found in Jesus – allow Him to guide your every step; especially the really hard ones.
We love you so much! Hope your first year as a teenager is even better than you think it’s gonna be!!

2 comments:
We love our Spencer soooo much!!! Happy Birthday to you. Love youxoxo Uncle Tim, Aunt Jen and your MN cousins, Alexi, Dalton, & Lydia
You guys have done an awesome job with Spencer. It is great to be able to let my boys come over to play and no that we don't have to worry what they might be up to.
Post a Comment